We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

Something To Do

Something To Do

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:13 pm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does Somebody want to make Video Game together?

I want to but i don't know where to start and i don't wanna do it alone
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Serious about this
    supercomputer276

Re: Something To Do

Post by supercomputer276 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 pm

My brother and I have tried to work on video games together before. We broke up every time when I realized he wanted to do only the creative planning and leave just me with all the actual work.

This better be a pretty good game idea you have going here.

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:04 pm

@ Supercomputer276
    It is when i have the folder to make the game , i LOVED GHS soul collector maybe we could make something like that if you got the folder for it ,don't get me wrong i am Very hard worker i wont brake up with my group until the job is over. sounds great if you want to help ^^
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:56 pm

The "folder?" Are you sure that's the word you're looking for? Maybe you mean "program?" "Application?"

Right now, I'm not making any commitments. I've got enough on my hands this summer without working on someone else's idea. Plus, and I must be honest here, I think the language barrier is too big for either of us to collaborate properly.

If you really wanna do this, let's see how you do on your own first. I suggest giving Game Maker a try. Do some smaller simpler games, see how it feels.

Re:Something To Do

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:06 pm

@Supercomputer276
    Yes, folder ^^

and oh..

But i have games that i am allowed to make new levels/maps and i have made bunch of them and they are really fun to play and i think i have the skills to make a video game but if the game will be big i think we need to be more than 2 of us ^^
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:23 am

For what games?

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 am

@Supercompuyer276

Not bad games =P

Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead 2

Killing Floor

Counter Strike

Well... Killing Floor is pretty hard to make levels in
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:30 pm

So you're proficient at using the Hammer level editor/creator and the Source engine. Whoopie. That just makes you good at level design, not at game design. You're not going to get anything like Soul Collector just by using Source. Install Game Maker, try making some actual games, and then come see me.

Last edited by supercomputer276 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:01 pm

@Supercomputer276

"Game Maker".. It doesn't look fun to play it's like games that little kids play.

I'm talking about 3D SCARY REALISTIC VIDEO GAME! Twisted Evil

not a Super Mario game =(

than what program do i need? ^^

if it cost money i got money..
    SonicHearts
    Admin

Post by SonicHearts on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:25 pm

If you wanna make a 3D game from scratch, good luck with the years and tons of knowledge of programming it's gonna take to do such a thing. Not to mention the expensive programs.

Even to do simple 3D type games take a lot. Mainly you need program knowledge and a good idea of plot, story development, pacing-- not the same as making those little levels in games that already have that for you.

One practice some people do to make game, is simple flash games. That allows you to play with scripting.
    It's like supercomputer's advice: start off with small things that actually allow you to have control of all aspects of programming and creating a game. It's better than jumping in and having no idea what to do.

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:32 pm

=( I guess

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:54 pm

I'VE GOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... we all know that none of us is ever on Chat Box

That's because no one else is on it..

If possible the suck ass beginner games that i am going to make so they will be awesome because they are made by me , don't get confused.

Maybe i'm saying if its possible... Can i like... add it to the site so uhm we stay little bit more on the Chat-Box.

Or something else to stay on the Chat-Box a little longer i though of this idea 10 seconds ago its just an idea from me ,you can ignore it if its bad.

It just feels like no one is ever on the Chat Box

"idea from Krusi trying to make the chat box more fun"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:44 am