We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

when does a tribute become ripping off?

Mr J

when does a tribute become ripping off?

Post by Mr J on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:25 am

I am considering writing an story about a teenager who is offered community service to work at an mysterious orphanage called the Gregory Home for Orphans {or Gregory Home for Orphan Youths, Gregory Home for Lost Youths, Gregory Home for Lost Orphans, etc] and the Headmaster is called Gregory Rattman. Do you think thats the most i can get and stay as a tribute? or can i have Extra things like an Artist named Naomi, or an Creepily Menacing cook who works by candle light, or a scary nurse named Catherine. At what point do i risk being a ripoff rather then paying tribute to
    supercomputer276

Re: when does a tribute become ripping off?

Post by supercomputer276 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:30 pm

The concept overall seems like a tribute no matter how many canon characters you include. So I don't think you have to worry too much.
    Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:24 pm

It sounds fine to me.
    I'm currently writing a short story about a man who takes shelter in a house in the middle of a wood during bad weather and stays the night, there's an old man who I've named Gregor who is actually very, very old...although he doesn't take people's souls.

I've been worrying that mine sounds too much like a rip-off ^^;
    supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:31 pm

That's the funny thing about this series, because the world's nature is relative to the guest. Short of a complete character swap and not having some form of Gregory in charge, it's rather hard to do a rip-off.
    Mr J

Post by Mr J on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:30 pm

obviously the protagonist should stay at the orphanage during his community service but what would be a good crime thats serious enough to warrant a month of community service but light enough that they'd let it be around kids also should i post some of it as i get it written?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:46 am