We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

SonicHearts
    Admin

Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Post by SonicHearts on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:22 pm

This story follows Tooru Takenotsuka, a 22 year old freeter comes to the city to follow his dreams. Thanks to his status, he is unable to find an apartment to live in until a seedy real estate agent introduces him to Gregory House.

Sadly this manga is only for sale in Japan. It is possible to find and buy online[I can provide a translation of the site if needed], however there are no real scans of the story online anywhere.

Share your thoughts of the manga :]

Last edited by SonicHearts on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Becca-chan

Re: Gregory Horror Show: Another World [Manga]

Post by Becca-chan on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:19 am

I know that I've always been curious as to what the story of the Gregory Horror Show manga would be like, I managed to find out a few things regarding the differences that there are in the manga though.
    ( Since the story of the manga was wrote by a different person and not the actual creator of Gregory Horror Show, there would have to be some differences so that both the anime and manga were an original work)

I could list the differences that I managed to find out in this thread, although their pretty limited. ^^;

skullvic

Post by skullvic on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 am

I neeeeeed it xDDD
    I don't find it around the net but I hope when I go to Japan find it XDD
    I WOULD BECOME CRAZY OF HAPPYNESS xDDDDDD
    only say this xD

Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:12 am

skullvic wrote:I neeeeeed it xDDD
    I don't find it around the net but I hope when I go to Japan find it XDD
    I WOULD BECOME CRAZY OF HAPPYNESS xDDDDDD
    only say this xD

Ooooh well when you go to Japan, be sure to look in the book-stores there; they might sell the manga's in there!
    ( I know I'd be happy if I actually found all of the manga too XD)

skullvic

Post by skullvic on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:22 pm

What a Face I'm going to demand it to a friend that will go to Japan xDDD
    woow it would be fantastic!! XD If I catch it I'll try to scan it to the web
    would you? xDD Take it easy, my friends! tongue

SonicHearts
    Admin

Post by SonicHearts on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:00 am

I wish I could go to Japan to find it too D:

I can only find it on amazon.jp, but have noooo idea if they ship worldwide XP
    Otherwise I'd attack, lol.

Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan on Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:47 am

Okay, I'll just post some of the differences that occur in the manga and anime, I found these out by sailing around the internet and translating some manga reviews, and I even managed to find out some things by speaking to a few Japanese people...although they told me that the manga was very different to the anime.

But I'll list the changes here;

Gregory House...the apartment building?!
    The first notable change for the manga...is the fact that Gregory House is actually an apartment building ( instead of a hotel, like in the series) for people to take up residence in.
    Although it still has the look of a european mansion ( as far as I know) and is also pretty old.

Edit: I actually found some screenshots from the manga that someone had posted in a video, and Gregory House still looks like a mansion.

In the real world?
    Another change is that the 'apartment' appears to actually be in the real world; whereas in the anime ( and game) the hotel was between the borders of reality and fantasy.
    The only proof I have of this, is that the estate agent recommended 'Gregory House' to Tooru...unless of course, the Estate Agent was actually the First Guest.

Catherine: Blood extractor...and organ repo woman?!
    In the manga, it would seem that Catherine doesn't just suck peoples blood ( like in the game and anime) with her needle, but she extracts their internal organs as well! O.O; ( all the more reason to be afraid of her XD; )

Nekozombie; Not the hero?
    Although I have yet to see this confirmed, Nekozombie may or may not help out the human guest in the manga version of GHS.
    In fact, from what I translated ( whether it was a good translation or not) he seems to come across as selfish and rather keen on eating Tooru's goldfish.
    And also; according to a translation I got, Nekozombie and Gregory's relationship is 'normal' in the manga version...so they still hate one another, I think. XD

Edit: Once again based on the translation I got, Nekozombie is given as perhaps not being as nice as people thought he was in the anime.

He is not confined to a cell in the manga and apparently walks freely around the hotel.
    He also takes delight in terrorizing Tooru's pet goldfish ( apparently) although he may or may not still warn Tooru.

Notible Size Differences.
    In the anime of GHS, the guest characters were always more or less the same size as Gregory...or they appeared to be at least.

In the manga of GHS, Tooru and Kimiko are taller than Gregory ( much taller!) which may make them taller than a lot of the other guests too.
    However, I'd have to see actual manga scans before I could confirm this difference fully.

Edit: I have seen some manga scans, and I still can't tell. ^^;

Haniwa...the gangster?!
    Yes, apparently in the manga; Haniwa ( a gang of Haniwa in fact) make an appearance as a mob of gangsters...I just translated this from somewhere, so I don't really have any other details from it.

It just surprised me though...especially when the anime's Haniwa comes to mind; it certainly is a difference from the depressed, unlucky, overworking salaryman. XD;

No gun for Gregs?
    Again, this is something I'm not too sure about...but in the manga, Gregory doesn't have the trumpet gun ( a.k.a the Blunderbus) that he has in the anime.
    Whatever he does use as a weapon though, he uses it during the encounter with the Haniwa mob.

Edit: He apparently uses astringent juice as a weapon. XD

Death is in the house!
    By the sounds of things, Death appears to be a resident within Gregory House in the manga ( his silouhette appears alongside the others in one of the manga panels) whereas in the original anime, he was someone who existed outside the hotel.

James...the dangerous child. O_o
    In the manga, James appears to have gained a 'chainsaw brutality' and is almost always seen carrying a weapon around.
    Such weapons would include; an axe, chainsaw, gun and knife...and yet, he still finds the time to enjoy a lollipop.

In the original anime, James was merely a naughty boy who had a rather odd sense of fun.
    With that said though, the little mouse boy *did* take an interest in Catherine's syringe in the Second Guest, as well as Chef's cleaver ( and other 'cool things' in the kitchen) in the game.

Gregory the collector.
    It's been mentioned that Gregory has a collecting habit in the manga, in the translation that mentions about it; it would seem that he started collecting things as a child and it just went on from there.

Sleeper Bodies!
    Dead Body appears to actually reside in the hotel instead of out in the graveyard.
    By the sounds of it, he seems to enjoy sleeping.

Room 201 is inhabited!
    In the manga, room 201 is inhabited by Kimiko Takahashii, although I'd probably have to play the GHS game again to see who lived in that room originally.

Lost Doll...the big head?
    Yeah, this one is a little unclear to me. XD;
    In the manga, instead of her head rotating when she switches personalities, Lost Doll's head gets bigger.

Her symbolism in the manga also seems to be that of someone who is self-interested ( or big-headed in the terms of thinking highly of herself)
    Although it could be argued that she was actually still like that in the anime as well, especially since she was her own doll.

Angel Dog and Devil Dog, Two different entities?!
    According to the translation I got, Angel Dog and Devil Dog in the manga are two completely different girls.
    They do not transform into one another like they do in the anime.

And that's all I know about it so far.

skullvic

Post by skullvic on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:20 am

You know if there are several volumes?
    or is a unique volume? If is unique, Âżhow many pages has it? Question

Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:03 pm

skullvic wrote:You know if there are several volumes?
    or is a unique volume? If is unique, Âżhow many pages has it? Question

There's only one book that was ever made, and from what I can tell, it has quite a few pages in it.

If anyone's interested, I have a few screenshots that I took off of a video on Nico Video ( although this was done by someone who actually brought the manga in Japan, but they only put a few pictures in the video, not actually the entire manga)

If anyone wanted to see them ( although it makes me want to get the manga even more)
    I'd gladly send links to them.

skullvic

Post by skullvic on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:00 am

...I supossed that only has one volume because I never have saw the nÂș2 cover on internet xDDD but thanks for explain me bec Razz
    I'm interested to see those scans of the manga
    But there's also another video with scans in Youtube
    This!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    enjoy them...
    are these the pictures that you told about, bec?

Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:21 am

Ooooh I've seen that video on You-tube before, but no it's completely new scans, hang on I'll just go and get the links to them.

- Edit -
    Here they are!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ( The creepy corridor of collections)

skullvic

Post by skullvic on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:11 am

hahaha I've seen this pictures too XD
    ...but not all of them... I WANNA THE #$%!& MANGA!!!! XDDDDDD Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Special report!

After much begging and pleading, my Mum has finally allowed me to order the Gregory Horror Show manga all the way from Japan!
    It is expected to (hopefully) arrive between 1st May - 4th May.

Of course it will not be translated and will be paid out with my money, but I don't mind, I've been after this manga for three years!
    But I may share some scans with everyone here if they were willing to see some more~

Last edited by Becca-chan on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

supercomputer276

Post by supercomputer276 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:39 am

Oh hell yes, please share!

Becca-chan

Post by Becca-chan on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Hehe okay I will share, although all I'm hoping right now, is that it does ship to england, there's no particular reason why it shouldn't deliver to the UK ( since it was in the list of countries that they ship to)

Although we may be in for a bit of a wait...but I hope to scan the pages of it soon.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:30 pm