We hope you'll enjoy your stay... forever...

Smaller avatar size?

supercomputer276

Smaller avatar size?

Post by supercomputer276 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:26 am

The (apparent) maximum avatar size on this forum is 200 pixels per size. This is simply too big.

Examples as to why can be found in several topics on this very board, namely Krusi's old posts (with the default avatar) and Mr. J's. The sidebar does not stretch to accommodate the images, resulting in the avatar spilling over into the post text. God forbid the max-size avatar has a white background and the situation suddenly becomes like Doc Scratch from Homestuck.

There are two ways to fix this problem. The first is to increase the width of the sidebar so the avatar doesn't spill over. I mean no offense to your abilities as admin, SH, but I find this solution rather unlikely. The second, and my proposed, way is to decrease the max avatar size. A good size would probably be 150 pixels per side. Any that are too bit to fit can be squashed to fit; I know this is at least the case for my Invision-brand forum.
    SonicHearts
    Admin

Re: Smaller avatar size?

Post by SonicHearts on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:56 am

My admin skills are seriously horrible, I've told myself many times trying navigate everything XD I get very lost in the Admin panel, so I tend to loose track of what I'm doing most of the time.

I'll try looking around again on how to fix it, because I've shared this concern ever since my avatar was too big.

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:14 pm